Monday, May 24, 2010

3?aK Episode 6: David Bunton (The Showdown)

Back in 2007, when I was the music writer for College Times, Kip Winger blew me off for an interview because he was on “vocal lockdown.” I didn’t want to see the questions I’d prepared go to waste, so for the next year, I asked everyone I interviewed if they’d be willing to get into character and answer the following “Three Questions as Kip.”

If you're new to 3?aK and want a more detailed history of how this project came to be, click here.

OK, now that you're up to speed, let's get on with the show. Playing the role of Kip Winger for this installment of 3?aK will be David Bunton of Christian rockers The Showdown.



3?aK Episode 6: David Bunton (The Showdown)

1. We've already seen disco and '80s synth pop make comebacks. Do you think a hair metal renaissance is right around the corner?

I think it’s definitely around the corner. I think it’s a sleeping giant, actually. I think everybody’s wanting that feel-good party music that we had back in the ‘80s. Everything’s so depressing these days. Pop in “Seventeen” and drive down the road and see if you don’t have a smile on your face.

2. Can you let our readers in on your secret to maintaining the perfect 5 o'clock shadow?

I think it has a lot to do with my sexual prowess and just my high testosterone count, and just always (being) on the lookout for ladies. I mean, I could grow this thing out, honestly, like Santa Claus in about three days.

3. What have you been up to for the last 15 years?

I don’t know if you’re familiar with Metal Mania Stripped Volumes 1 through 3, but I have a song on each of those. And February 26, I just released my song “Seventeen,” acoustic version, on that CD. You can pick that up at Wal-Mart in the VH1 Classic section for $9.72. I think it’s the best track on the record, personally. I think all those other dudes are washed up. I think they need to hit the gym like me. That’s why you’ll see me come back strong in 2008.


Go to Episode 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment