Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Three Questions as Kip (3?aK) - The Complete Series

Well, I guess I can scratch one New Year's resolution off my list. It might not be as significant an accomplishment as quitting smoking or losing 30 pounds, but I finally got around to doing something I've been meaning to do for quite some time now -- nearly as long as I've been writing this blog, actually.

What is this remarkable achievement, you ask?

I went back through all the "3?aK" posts and added links to tie them all together and make the entire series more navigable. This should make it quite a bit easier to revisit the infamous yearlong experiment I undertook during my tenure as music writer at College Times, in which I asked numerous musicians and celebrities to spontaneously get into character and answer three questions as 1980s hair metal icon Kip Winger.

If you have some time to kill and could use a good chuckle, start off with the 3?aK origin story and then click the link at the bottom of the post to move on to Episode 1 of the series. Each episode now has a link at the bottom that takes you to the subsequent episode in the series.

There are 48 episodes in all. Not every one is a home run, but the majority fall somewhere between mildly amusing and laugh-out-loud hilarious. You'll see a few famous faces along the way, like "Weird Al" Yankovic, Tori Amos, Slash and Lisa Lampanelli, as well as members of the Shins, Slayer, Coheed and Cambria, Lamb of God, Gym Class Heroes, Megadeth, Avenged Sevenfold and Gwar. Then again, some of the funniest answers come from artists you might not be as familiar with (Shane Clark of 3 Inches of Blood and Tony Poer of local act Emperors of Japan spring immediately to mind). If you make it all the way to the grand finale, there's even a requisite plot twist/surprise ending.

I'd love to hear which episodes you liked the most (or the least, for that matter). Feel free to leave a comment below and/or share this with your friends if you were entertained. Thanks for supporting independent journalism and have a fantastic 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment