Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New Times roundup: Via Vengeance, A Storm of Light, Landmine Marathon, Antique Scream & Eyes Set to Kill


Via Vengeance
My sincerest apologies to all five of my faithful readers.  I had planned to update this blog more frequently, but I've been bogged down lately with writing that I actually get paid for.

Here is a feature I wrote on A Storm of Light and Via Vengeance. For those not in the know, Via Vengeance is the Phoenix-based one-man band by Shane Ocell. This guy plays guitar and drums and sings, all at the same time. A Storm of Light is fronted by former Valley resident and current Brooklynite Josh Graham. Check out my review of their show at The Underground in Mesa, a new concert venue in the basement of the old Nile Theater.




ESTK's Anissa (left) and Alexia Rodriguez
I also interviewed Landmine Marathon about their new album, Sovereign Descent, and their upcoming SXSW gig.

I did an email Q&A with the Rodriguez sisters of Eyes Set to Kill and sized up their competition in the "Hottest Chick(s) in Metal" category of Revolver magazine's Golden Gods Awards.

I spoke with Chris Rutledge of Antique Scream about the band's move to Seattle from the Valley and their ongoing U.S. tour.

New Times music editor Martin Cizmar and I collaborated on a roundup of the Valley's SXSW contingent.

Finally, keep an eye out for an upcoming New Times feature on local thrash metal band Hemoptysis.  In the meantime, check out their new video for "Shadow of Death."

No comments:

Post a Comment