Monday, June 21, 2010

3?aK Episode 14: k-os

Back in 2007, when I was the music writer for College Times, Kip Winger blew me off for an interview because he was on “vocal lockdown.” I didn’t want to see the questions I’d prepared go to waste, so for the next year, I asked everyone I interviewed if they’d be willing to get into character and answer the following “Three Questions as Kip.”

If you're new to 3?aK and want a more detailed history of how this project came to be, click here.

OK, now that you're up to speed, let's get on with the show. Playing the role of Kip Winger for this installment of 3?aK will be Canadian rapper k-os.



3?aK Episode 14: k-os

1. We've already seen disco and '80s synth pop make comebacks. Do you think a hair metal renaissance is right around the corner?

Uh, depends on the hair products. Hair and hair products have changed. We’ll see.

2. Can you let our readers in on your secret to maintaining the perfect 5 o'clock shadow?

Enough to look tough, but not too much scruff for the ladies.

3. What have you been up to for the last 15 years?

Probably understanding that even though I’m made fun of, I put a dent into pop culture. And I now represent the embarrassment people feel because they were into my shit. In other words, it’s not really me. It’s all them.


Go to Episode 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment