Thursday, June 24, 2010

3?aK Episode 15: Shane Clark (3 Inches of Blood)

Back in 2007, when I was the music writer for College Times, Kip Winger blew me off for an interview because he was on “vocal lockdown.” I didn’t want to see the questions I’d prepared go to waste, so for the next year, I asked everyone I interviewed if they’d be willing to get into character and answer the following “Three Questions as Kip.”

If you're new to 3?aK and want a more detailed history of how this project came to be, click here.

OK, now that you're up to speed, let's get on with the show. Playing the role of Kip Winger for this installment of 3?aK will be guitarist Shane Clark of 3 Inches of Blood.



3?aK Episode 15: Shane Clark (3 Inches of Blood)

1. We've already seen disco and '80s synth pop make comebacks. Do you think a hair metal renaissance is right around the corner?

Well, we were never a hair metal band. We were more, uh, we invented grunge music, Winger. And uh… I don’t know where I was going with that one.

2. Can you let our readers in on your secret to maintaining the perfect 5 o'clock shadow?

Actually I correspond with Billy Ray Cyrus quite a bit. And, uh, we sit back, we do steroids, sit on the couch and watch “Miami Vice” reruns and really study Don Johnson’s movements. And, uh, that one guy from Color Me Badd hangs out with us too. You know, we sit around, sometimes give each other HJs and, you know, just talk about razors and shit and not shaving.

3. What have you been up to for the last 15 years?

Fielding questions from people who want to murder me for making what some call horrible, horrible music. Um, I go on really serious drinking benders, man. Like I will seriously, I’ll sit back and drink, you know, five, six beers and really go to town. I had a real problem there. I’d buy, like, beer by the case at a time.


Go to Episode 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment