Monday, September 6, 2010

3?aK Episode 36: Bubba the Love Sponge

Back in 2007, when I was the music writer for College Times, Kip Winger blew me off for an interview because he was on “vocal lockdown.” I didn’t want to see the questions I’d prepared go to waste, so for the next year, I asked everyone I interviewed if they’d be willing to get into character and answer the following “Three Questions as Kip.”

If you're new to 3?aK and want a more detailed history of how this project came to be, click here.

OK, now that you're up to speed, let's get on with the show. Playing the role of Kip Winger for this installment of 3?aK will be radio host Bubba the Love Sponge.



3?aK Episode 36: Bubba the Love Sponge

1. We've already seen disco and '80s synth pop make comebacks. Do you think a hair metal renaissance is right around the corner?

Uh, hi, this is Kip Winger, and I think maybe that could possibly happen, but probably not with my no-talent ass. So I’m probably gonna have to ask someone else in the ‘80s rock regime to pull that one off, ‘cause I don’t think I’d be able to do it.

2. Can you let our readers in on your secret to maintaining the perfect 5 o'clock shadow?

Hormone replacement, um, maybe towards the estrogen deal.

3. What have you been up to for the last 15 years?

Just tryin’ to get a job and tryin’ to stay at the forefront of livin’ in the ‘80s and, uh, washed-up hair band type deal. Tryin’ to book various carnivals and various meet-and-greets at the mall. I’m actually hookin’ up with Tiffany and Debbie Gibson to do a reunion on the mall tour.


Go to Episode 37.

No comments:

Post a Comment