Thursday, September 16, 2010

3?aK Episode 39: Danny Stevens (The Audition)

Back in 2007, when I was the music writer for College Times, Kip Winger blew me off for an interview because he was on “vocal lockdown.” I didn’t want to see the questions I’d prepared go to waste, so for the next year, I asked everyone I interviewed if they’d be willing to get into character and answer the following “Three Questions as Kip.”

If you're new to 3?aK and want a more detailed history of how this project came to be, click here.

OK, now that you're up to speed, let's get on with the show. Playing the role of Kip Winger for this installment of 3?aK will be Danny Stevens of the Audition.



3?aK Episode 39: Danny Stevens (The Audition)

1. We've already seen disco and '80s synth pop make comebacks. Do you think a hair metal renaissance is right around the corner?

(laughs) Talk to “Metal Skool about that one. I don’t think so. I don’t see it happening. Halifax kinda tried and it didn’t work. I think that was just such an outrageous thing that, for whatever reason, people loved, but I don’t think it’ll happen again.

2. Can you let our readers in on your secret to maintaining the perfect 5 o'clock shadow?

Cocoa butter.

3. What have you been up to for the last 15 years?

Uh, lots of drugs, actually. I had a kid, started him on some drugs. It’s been great.


Go to Episode 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment