Thursday, August 5, 2010

3?aK Episode 27: "Weird Al" Yankovic

Back in 2007, when I was the music writer for College Times, Kip Winger blew me off for an interview because he was on “vocal lockdown.” I didn’t want to see the questions I’d prepared go to waste, so for the next year, I asked everyone I interviewed if they’d be willing to get into character and answer the following “Three Questions as Kip.”

If you're new to 3?aK and want a more detailed history of how this project came to be, click here.

OK, now that you're up to speed, let's get on with the show. Playing the role of Kip Winger for this installment of 3?aK will be singer/songwriter/satirist "Weird Al" Yankovic.



3?aK Episode 27: "Weird Al" Yankovic

1. We've already seen disco and '80s synth pop make comebacks. Do you think a hair metal renaissance is right around the corner?

Well, you know, I’ve been just waiting, shivering and naked in my closet, waiting for that renaissance and when it comes, hopefully my beeper will go off.

2. Can you let our readers in on your secret to maintaining the perfect 5 o'clock shadow?

Uh, I shave every 32 hours to the minute. It’s very specific and precise.

3. What have you been up to for the last 15 years?

I’ve been working at Orange Julius. Uhh, it’s only a part-time job. Really I’m waiting for that beeper to go off.


Go to Episode 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment